Start your summer with Vacation Bible School! VBS will be Monday, June 8, through Friday, June 12, 2015. Registration forms and money are due to the church office by Sunday, May 17, 2015. Good Shepherd offers two VBS camps for different age levels:
Preschool Spark Summer Splash
- Preschool (4-5 year olds not yet in Kindergarten)
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Led by parent volunteer
- Preschool Spark Summer Splash a fun-filled week of praise songs, arts and crafts, activities, and more! Each day focuses on a biblical story and lesson.
VBS Day Camp
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade
- Monday – Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm; Friday – 9:00am-12:00pm
- Led by Good Earth Village counselors
- VBS Day Camp is a Christian education program offered in partnership with Good Earth Village. Kids will have a blast being led by Good Earth Village’s energetic youth ministry team. VBS Day Campers will have a field trip on Thursday to Good Earth Village for a trail hike, campfire, and more! It will be a fantastic week of Bible study, recreation, worship, crafts, and much more!
- Outreach – To support Good Shepherd’s youth stewardship education initiative, a service or organization is chosen to be the focus of the VBS campers’ service and generosity.
- Food – Snacks and meals are provided throughout the week. Food allergies and dietary restrictions are accommodated.
- Dress – VBS is an active week, so no flip-flops, please. Be dressed for the weather; activities are indoors and outdoors. Sunscreen should be applied before arriving at camp each day. Bug repellent is suggested for the field trip to Good Earth Village on Thursday.
- Volunteer – Many volunteers are needed to make this exciting week a success:
- VBS PreK Leader
- PreK Assistant
- Good Earth Village Leader Assistant
- On-Site Snack/Lunch Team (provide, prepare, or serve)
- Host a Good Earth Village Counselor for the week
- Chaperone the field trip to Good Earth Village on Thursday
- Let us know if you are interested in volunteering; it’s never too late to join the team!
- Enjoy – The campers will put on a program and potluck for parents, friends, and the congregation on Thursday evening. Come and join in the activities!