What & When is the Father Flotilla Canoe Trip?
- Everyone is invited!
- Saturday August 27, 2016
- This local, single day canoe trip is for dads and kids of all ages–both boys and girls
- Kids should probably be at least 5, but this will be up to parents. It is very important that each kid can float by themselves in a life jacket.
- Moms get the day off!
Where do you canoe?
We plan to start at the bridge just north of the Lake Zumbro dam and canoe to Zumbro Falls. This is a great stretch of river with excellent water clarity, several deep pools, many sand bars, and is good for the novice canoer.
What’s the schedule for the day?
- 9:00am – meet at Angerman’s house (about 1 mile from starting point)
- 10:00am – hit the water, lunch, treats, swimming, and water fights
- 5:00pm – land in Zumbro Falls, car pool back to starting point
- 6:00pm – Cookout at the Angerman’s (Moms are invited!), bring a dish to share
What about canoes and paddles?
At this point we plan to have everyone bring their own canoe. If you don’t have a canoe, no problem: a couple of us should be able to round up some extras.
Please contact Bill Angerman if you have any questions!