Begin your summer with Vacation Bible School at Good Shepherd!
VBS will be Monday, June 19, through Friday, June 23, 2017. Good Shepherd will again partner with Good Earth Village for a full-day camp experience for K-5 school-age children. Parent volunteers will also lead a half-day camp experience for 4 & 5-year-olds who have not been to Kindergarten.Register Here
Registration and money are due to the church office by Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
Different VBS Camps for Different Age Levels
Preschool Spark Summer Splash
- Preschool (4-5 year olds not yet in Kindergarten)
- Monday – Friday, 9:00am-12:00pm
- Led by parent volunteer(s)
- Preschool Spark Summer Splash is a fun-filled week of praise songs, arts and crafts, activities, and more! Each day focuses on a biblical story and lesson.
VBS Day Camp
- Kindergarten – 5th Grade (2016-2017 school year)
- Monday – Thursday, 9:00am-3:00pm; Friday – 9:00am-12:00pm
- Led by Good Earth Village counselors
- VBS Day Camp is a Christian education program offered in partnership with Good Earth Village. Kids will have a blast being led by Good Earth Village’s energetic youth ministry team. VBS Day Campers will have a field trip on Thursday to Good Earth Village for a trail hike, campfire, and more! It will be a fantastic week of Bible study, recreation, worship, crafts, and much more!
To support Good Shepherd’s youth stewardship education initiative, a service or organization is chosen to be the focus of the VBS campers’ service and generosity.
Snacks and meals are provided throughout the week. Food allergies and dietary restrictions are accommodated.
VBS is an active week, so no flip-flops, please. Be dressed for the weather; activities are indoors and outdoors. Sunscreen should be applied before arriving at camp each day. Bug repellent is suggested for the field trip to Good Earth Village on Thursday.
Many volunteers are needed to make this exciting week a success!
Acts 2:42—They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers. Awe came upon everyone, because many wonders and signs were being done by the apostles. All who believed were together and had all things in common; they would sell their possessions and goods and distribute the proceeds to all, as any had need. Day by day, as they spent much time together in the temple, they broke bread at home and ate their food with glad and generous hearts, praising God and having the goodwill of all the people. And day by day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
The verse above recounts the very first days of the Church. As we prepare for Vacation Bible School at Good Shepherd we should always be reminded that we are not simply providing one more fun activity for kids, but are carrying on a tradition of fulfilling baptismal promises stretching back to this simple beginning. And just like the early Church our congregation must do this important ministry together. Please consider your own call as a disciple of Christ when selecting how you will help make this ministry a success:
- VBS Pre-K Leader
- PreK Assistant
- Good Earth Village Leader Assistant
- On-Site Snack/Lunch Team (provide, prepare, or serve)
- Host a Good Earth Village Counselor for the week
- Chaperone the field trip to Good Earth Village on Thursday
Let us know if you are interested in volunteering; it’s never too late to join the team!
The campers will put on a program on the Thursday evening of VBS week. Parents, family, friends, and the congregation are invited to attend and bring something for the potluck dinner. Come and join in the activities!