The twelve elected members of the congregation council are charged with carrying out the mission
of the church.
The council meets monthly at 7:00 p.m. Guests are welcome.
Each council member advises one of the standing committees that support our church and mission.
- The Worship Committee provides for meaningful worship
encouraging regular participation of the congregation.
- The Evangelism & Fellowship
Committees reach out with the Gospel to visitors
and the unchurched, help the outreach of our congregation's members, and
provide opportunities for congregation
members to get to know one another and develop relationships necessary for a strong Christian community
- The Social Ministry Committee guides the congregation's servant role,
promoting benevolent outreach and Christian service.
- The Youth Committee provides Christian nurture, planning
and supervision for our congregation's youth.
- The Education Committee promotes
the on-going Christian nurture of youth in the congregation that they may grow in faith and
be equipped to live for Christ and provides on-going Christian
nurture of adult members.
- The Finance Committee promotes Christian giving
among members, oversees the congregation's finances, and
provides for the purchase of memorial items.
- The Strategic Planning Committee engages in visioning
and strategic planning for our congregation's future.
- The Property Committee oversees the maintenance and
cleaning of the building and property of the congregation.
- The Technology Committee oversees the technology
assets of the congregation.
- The Personnel Committee reviews performance and
salaries of the congregation's staff.
Several other committees and assignments are organized to meet short term goals,
or to perform annual or as-needed tasks:
- Building Transition Committee
- Synod assembly delegates
- Good Earth Village representative
- Thrivent Financial liasons
- Nominating committee – six members
- Audit committee
Term is for three years
with one new member each year. This committee reviews the church financial records.
All members are invited to help plan and participate in our ministry by joining committees.